Is blog commenting for seo effective in 2021? In today’s blogging, we can see that many blogs don’t at all accept comments and many others had disabled website URL option. In that situation, what is the benefit of blog commenting in 2021? Let’s find out in this detailed Blog Commenting guide.
Whatever your purpose with Blog commenting is, be it SEO or getting traffic, I will add some tips to write quality comments to get the maximum out of it. So make sure to read this detailed guide before you start writing a comment on your competitor’s blog.
Watch The Below Video From my BloggingGyaan(हिंदी) YouTube Channel
- What Is Blog Commenting For SEO in 2021?
- Blog Comment Spam Is Too High These Days, is it useful?
- 5 Benefits of Blog Commenting For SEO & Traffic in 2021
- How To Find Blog Commenting Opportunities?
- 7 Blog Commenting Best Practices To Follow in 2021 [Tips & Tricks]
- 1. Comment on similar niche blogs only
- 2. Don’t comment without reading the post
- 3. Use your real picture while commenting (Gravatar)
- 4. Look for different types of blog commenting systems
- 5. Don’t insert link while commenting
- 6. Try to write the first comment of that post
- 7. Don’t just write a comment, try to add value
- FAQs On Blog Commenting in 2021
- Conclusion: Is Blog Commenting Worth For SEO & Traffic in 2021?
What Is Blog Commenting For SEO in 2021?
As the term itself is self-explanatory, I don’t think I have to narrate much. In a nutshell, it’s about writing some text on a blog after reading it to express your feedback or suggestion or feeling about that write-up.
This is the ideal definition of blog commenting. But the practice of blog commenting is more popular for building backlinks for SEO. Yes, in most of the blogs you will find an option to provide your website URL with the comment and that’s why blog commenting has become very popular.
E.g. in the below image you can see how exactly I comment on a blog. This is a screenshot from a CommentLUV enabled blog.
But with time, people started to exploit this blog commenting system and put irrelevant or meaningless comments or very generic statements just to put their website link on that website content. Mostly to get a dofollow backlink from high DA websites.
But in 2021, majority of the blog commenting backlinks are nofollow. You need to find out the list of blogs where you can write your comment and get dofollow backlinks. I have mentioned the same in this article as well. If you are looking for the list of blog commenting sites for SEO then check out these CommentLUV enabled blogs.
Read more articles
- 250+ Best Profile Creation Sites List 2021
- 600+ High DA Forum Posting Sites List in 2021 (Increase You Domain Authority)
- 100+ Best Web 2.0 Sites List in 2021 (Create High Authority Backlinks)
- 10 Social Bookmarking Sites List 2021 (High DA & Dofollow)
- List of 100+ “DoFollow” CommentLuv Blogs 2021 (Complete Guide)
Blog Comment Spam Is Too High These Days, is it useful?
Recently I have noticed a completely different trend in blog commenting space. In many cases, people lost interest in commenting and that the big reason behind less quality comment. But with the help of Blog Commenting Tools people are simply attacking authority blogs.
But is blog commenting become a spam practice with no benefits? Here is an interesting video from Matt Cutts of Google.
Now, people consider the term benefit very different way. In blogging, to get result from any action you need to believe on your efforts first and then also check around Google’s terms & condition.
So, in my opinion Blog Commenting still works in 2021. But if you do it properly. And that is what I am going to tell you in this detailed guide.
But to make sure you can avoid the spam comments attack you need to take some precautions. Install free plugins line Anti-Spam and this will help you. I am using a new comment system Thrive Comments which has a lot of additional features and spam filter advantage. You can check out the comments of this article and you will understand how beneficial it is to invest in blogging for the right tool.
5 Benefits of Blog Commenting For SEO & Traffic in 2021
By now I am sure you have already started to realize the benefits of blog commenting. Yes, there are multiple benefits of blog commenting and here are a few of them.
- You can communicate with the blog author or blog owner by writing and appreciating his/her work. In fact, this is the ultimate way to encourage the writer by sharing some amazing feedback about the piece of content.
- You can engage in a healthy discussion by writing a good comment. If you can ask a question or raise a point that will add some value to the topic then you will find many other people will also show interest in reading the comment and get engaged with you.
- Blog commenting is a very good way to bring referral traffic to your blog. As I said, if you can write a good comment then many readers of that post will find it interesting and definitely will want to explore more about you. And many of them might visit your website when you mention the URL while commenting.
- Last but definitely not the least, blog commenting plays a very important role in link building. Even if they provide nofollow backlinks, but it is very essential to balance the ratio of dofollow vs nofollow and to keep the link profile natural.
Don’t miss these amazing articles:
How To Find Blog Commenting Opportunities?
There are multiple ways to find blogs to write comments. But below 2 steps will help you to find out blogs to connect with good bloggers in your niche and also blogs to write comments to get dofollow backlinks.
Method #1: Using DropMyLink
First of all, visit the website https://dropmylink.com. Complete the signup process and create your account. The screen will be like below.
This way you can also find out many quality blogs on different niches like health blog commenting sites, education blog commenting sites list, tech blog sites, real estate blog commenting site list, etc. Just make sure you spend some time to find out the blog quality and the relevancy of the topic with your target link.
Method #2: Google Footprint for Dofollow Comment Links
You can search Google with different footprints or shortcuts to find out blog commenting sites in your niche. Make sure to find in your niche only, as relevancy plays big in building backlink in 2021. Here are a few footprints:
- “Notify me of follow-up comments?” “Submit the word you see below:”
- “Blog Comments Powered by Disqus”
- “Leave a new comment”
- “Comment on the Post”
- “Enter your comment:”
- “Comments on this entry:”
- “Sign in to comment on this entry.”
- “Comments (You may use HTML tags for style)”
- “Login or register to post comments”
- “Login or register to post or rate comments”
- site:.edu inurl:blog “post a comment”
- site:.edu inurl:blog “post a comment”
- site:.edu inurl:blog “post a comment” –“comments closed” -”you must be logged in” “keyword”
- site:.edu “no comments” +blogroll -”posting closed” -”you must be logged in” -”comments are closed”
- site:.gov “no comments” +blogroll -”posting closed” -”you must be logged in” -”comments are closed”
- inurl:(edu|gov) “no comments” +blogroll -”posting closed” -”you must be logged in” -”comments are closed”
- site:.edu inurl:blog “comment” -”you must be logged in” -”posting closed” -”comment closed”
- site:.edu says” “leave a reply”
- “Leave a Reply” Name “(required)”‘ ‘Mail (will not be published) “(required)”‘ “Website”
- “You must be registered and logged in to leave comments.”
- “Sign in to Comment On this Entry”
- ”if you have a website, link to it here” “post a new comment”
- “By submitting a comment here you grant this site a perpetual license to”
- “add comment” keyword / “add * comment”
- “post comment” keyword / “post * comment”
- keyword “leave a comment” / “leave * comment”
- keyword “no comments”
- Keywords “top commenter”
- Keywords “Notify me of follow-up comments”
- Keywords “You can use these tags”
- “This site uses KeywordLuv ”
- Top commenter Keyword(s)
- Top commenters Keyword(s)
- Top commentators Keyword(s)
- Keyword(s) “Recent Comments”
- keyword “notify me of follow-up comments”
This is the best way to find tons of backlink opportunities. You can use premium tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs etc, to find out the list of backlinks of your competitor websites.
If you don’t want to spend money, then you can use the Ubersuggest tool and find out the backlinks of your competitor. When you analyze them, just find out the comment backlinks or from which websites your competitor got a backlink (dofollow or nofollow) and you can also write a good comment to get it approved.
7 Blog Commenting Best Practices To Follow in 2021 [Tips & Tricks]
Here are a few tips to write quality blog comments in 2021, that you must adhere to. Otherwise, your comment will not get approve and you will not get all the benefits of blog commenting that we have discussed so far in this article.
1. Comment on similar niche blogs only
The first point is very obvious. Comment only on similar niche blogs. E.g. I am running this blog to share WordPress guide, blogging tips related articles. So, there are tons of blogs on this niche, so it’s not a big deal for me to find similar niche blogs to write a comment. Even if you want to write a comment on a high DA blog on other niches, try to find out a similar article and then write a comment.
2. Don’t comment without reading the post
Many people just write 1 or 2 lines of comments without even reading the article. It may be good for those websites where you actually comment to get backlink and comments get approved instantly. But for a quality blog, you just can’t do that. Personally, I never approve a comment with just a “Thank you” in that with a few words on my blog.
3. Use your real picture while commenting (Gravatar)
The biggest problem of this online world is that there are many fake profiles and activities going on these days. So, no one will approve a comment from a totally unknown person who can’t be identified by even his/her profile picture. So, if you want to write a quality comment to get some value make sure to put your real-picture and create a Gravatar account. As the majority of WordPress blogs support Gavator to show users’ pictures.
4. Look for different types of blog commenting systems
There are different types of blog commenting systems. By default as a WordPress blog owner, you may be aware of one. But there are actually multiple types of blog commenting systems that are in place.
- Jetpack Comment
- Intense Debate
- Facebook Commenting system
Many people try to add links while writing a comment thinking that they will get some extra benefits (keyword anchor) by putting such tricks. But the risk here is that such comments will automatically get detected by the comment system and will never get approved. Just put your blog URL or post URL on the website place and write the comment, that’s enough.
6. Try to write the first comment of that post
This one I read on the GotchSEO blog and found very interesting. After that, I saw many bloggers are actually following this trick to write the very first blog comment as soon as a new article gets published on their competitors’ blog.
7. Don’t just write a comment, try to add value
Although this is my last blog commenting tip, I know after reading the article till this part you got it already. Just by writing a few lines of generic words will not help you to get your blog comment get approved in the high authority blogs. You have to write quality comments while adding something extra.
FAQs On Blog Commenting in 2021
How do I comment on a blog?
After reading the article, you need to scroll down and check whether blog commenting is enabled or not. If enabled, then make sure to provide your name, website and email id and then share your honest opinion / feedback.
How do I find a blog commenting site?
You can search with the techniques I have shared in this article. Or else search in Google with the topic for which you want to do comment. This way you will find many relevant websites with similar articles where you can write comments.
Does blog commenting still work?
Even though blog commenting is useless for link building, when utilized properly, it can potentially result in an increase in traffic to your website.
How do I make BackLinks to comments?
Generally in normal blogs you will find a place to provide your website URL. Other than that, there are many blog commenting sites where you can insert links in comment and get a dofollow backlink. But make sure you are aware from where you are getting backlinks as in most cases such websites are targeted by many people and ultimately it becomes a spam practice with negative impact.
Conclusion: Is Blog Commenting Worth For SEO & Traffic in 2021?
So, blog commenting is really good if you are doing it to build a relationship with another blogger. For that, you have to put some extra effort to write a good quality comment, keep track to monitor all the new posts so that you can comment first.
Within the blogging community, it’s a common way to help gain exposure and form blogger-to-blogger relationships when you engage with others in your niche by posting value-added commentary and support to other bloggers.
On the other way, if you are using blog commenting dofollow backlinks, then you need to understand that it is a risky path. Such blog commenting will definitely work in short term and give better rankings. But in the long run, you have to face the consequence if you don’t know how to deal with such link building process. As, through updates like Panda and Penguin, Google made it clear that these irrelevant comment backlinks were useless.
So as a beginner don’t follow what others are doing blindly. Start writing good quality blog comments on your competitors’ website to get noticed, build a network first. By the time learn different other aspects of SEO and how things work. Feel free to write a comment below to share your doubts, questions or any feedback about this article about blog commenting for SEO in 2021.
- I'm Santanu Debnath. I share blogging tips, Affiliate marketing guide & tutorials on WordPress, SEO, Speed optimization, blogging tools on my website to help beginners. You can follow me on social medial to stay updated with all upcoming articles.
- 2021.10.12Resources7 Black Friday Shopping Tips For Bloggers To GRAB The Best Deal
- 2021.09.29SEOInternal linking for SEO: How Many Internal Links Should You Have in Your Blog Posts?
- 2021.09.06Blogging Tips21 Blogging Tips For New Bloggers That I Want To Share From My Experience
- 2021.09.04SEO250+ Best Profile Creation Sites List 2021 [My #2 Best Link Building Techniques]